Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belt of the Bear - Rough

This is a card from the latest WARLORD CCG expansion set, "Shattered Empires."

When I get a Card like this this exact description I get:

4E-0244
Belt of the Bear
Fighter Item. Armor. Belt.
We see a heavily muscled mid-third of a bare-chested Nothrog fighter. Around his waist is a broad belt, somewhat similar to current day boxing or wrestling champion belts (if a bit more practical to wear). The Metal plate over the belly shows a bear design.

As a beginning sketch, I enhanced the belt area of a nothrog character I had done a few years ago, and then modified the buckle. I usually do a quick sketch on 8.5"x 11" Hammermill color xerox paper (I like drawing on it's ultra smooth surface) then do the detailed under drawing directly on 140 lb Arches watercolor paper using a light box.

Check out the rest of the Game and buy the cards at :

WARLORD CCG

If you like great fantasy artwork and a quick 2hr. card game, you'll have fun with Warlord.

No comments: